Rice Vermicelli Soup
A delight for the eyes and taste buds, this delicious soup is made with chicken, bok choy leaves, carrots, shrimp and spices.
- 4 chicken legs cut into pieces
- 10 large shrimp
- 150g rice vermicelli (meefoon)
- 4 bok choy (tom pouce)
- 250ml chicken stock
- Green onion - finely chopped
- 1 large finely sliced carrot
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- Separate the bok choy leaves from its stem.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and add the chicken with the garlic paste and allow to cook on medium heat.
- When the chicken is almost done (slightly golden brown), add soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and stir fry the shrimp for about 2 minutes. Then add the chopped onion, garlic and sliced carrots and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy leaves to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, rice vermicelli and the cooked chicken and allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add water to desired consistency and taste.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Serve hot (with green chilli paste - optional)